This post is brought to you by a deer who I photographed while out on a run/hike in Rockefeller State Park.
Here are some links of articles I read this week and wanted to share.
Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
Nonhuman Rights Project
- Chimp Advocate Doggedly Pursues Animal Rights
- New York court asked to determine if chimp is legally a person
- Nonhuman Rights Project Argues for Chimpanzees’ Rights, Release to Sanctuary in New York Appellate Court
- Opinion: Montana needs puppy mill law
- ‘Puppy mill’ bill introduced in North Carolina General Assembly (If you live in NC, please stay alerted to this!)
- Millions of caged eggs sold as free range in NZ (Just another reason why you should stop buying eggs altogether. Labels can lie. And if you want to help animals and alleviate their suffering, the best way is to take them completely off of your plate.)
- The Five Most Pro-Animal Democrats (Excellent list of those in office who animal advocates should be supporting.)
- Undercover video raises questions about treatment of animals in Baie D’Urfé laboratory (Los Angeles based animal rights group Last Chance for Animals did an undercover investigation into a toxicology research lab, exposing abuse of dogs, pigs, and monkeys.)
- Study aims to check if other methods can replace animal testing (Related to the investigation above: Johns Hopkins is doing potentially great work determining just how effective animal testing is compared to other methods such as computer models.)
- Vancouver Park Board votes to end display of cetaceans at aquarium (Victory! It’s a shame that it took two beluga deaths for this decision to come. Empty all the tanks!)
- WATCH: Animal rights lawyer says zoos are solitary confinement for animals
- HSUS 2016 annual report: Transformational progress for orcas and elephants, farm and lab animals, and others
- ABC News headed for trial over ‘pink slime’ report on U.S. beef
- Junip Sydney: One Lucky, Happy Piglet! (Awwww!!)